- To introduce the concepts of caring for the sick in home environment
- To practise treatment on caring for the sick in home environment
- To practise hands-on Home Nursing skills on various scenarios
- HK$300 per candidate (including equipment maintenance fee)
- HK$300 per candidate (including equipment maintenance fee) with a minimum class size of 20
Home Nursing Manual (published by Hong Kong St John Ambulance)
Issuance of certificate (after announcement of examination result)
Re-issuance of certificate (if required)
(Note : Items c to f are obtainable at 4/F., St. John Tower, 2 MacDonnell Road, H.K. during office hours)
- Concepts of Home Nursing
- To promote Patients' Comfort
- To measure Patient's Vital Signs
- To prevent infections
- To give medications at Home
- Personal Hygiene
- Diet and Nutrition
- Observation & Aftercare of Patient's Elimination
- To promote ambulation for the Patient
- Care of Respiratory Diseases
- Wound Dressing
- Problem Solving Technique
36 hours (usually 3 hours/session for 12 sessions)
Medium of Instruction
Cantonese / English
Candidates attending less than 80% of the lectures will not be eligible for examination. Each candidate must be examined in the following subjects :
- Theory of Home Nursing
- Nursing Procedures
- Candidates, who failed in either one part of the examination, can apply for a supplementary examination for the failed subject within 3 months from the date of the result announcement.
- The result announcement date will be made known to candidates during the examination. Candidates can check examination results through the Association counter, or through our enquiry hotline at 2524 4888, by using their preset caller ID number(s). Candidates will not be informed individually of the examination results.
- For group application, the result slip will be sent to the organizer.
- Candidates who passed the examination will be awarded the Adult Home Nursing Certificate which is valid for three years.
- Certificates will be ready for collection during office hours at the Association counter after the announcement of examination result and should be collected within 3 months. Copy of Identity Card of the candidates must be shown upon collection of First Aid Certificate by friends or relatives.
- The organizer or his/her delegate must bring along the original copy of the result slip to the Association counter during office hours for collection of all certificates.
- Courses are held regularly bimonthly for members of public or held upon request
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice
- For individual application, please check Course Timetable and complete Individual Application Form (AFI)
- For group application, please complete Group Application Form (AFII)
- Class will be cancelled if the Black Rainstorm Warning/Typhoon Signed No.8 or above is hoisted, and class will be resumed when the signal is lowered 2 hours before class commencement