- Understanding the basic principles of First Aid in an interactive manner
- Learning and practising basic skills in First Aid
- Performing hands-on practice of First Aid management at special circumstances
- HK$130 per candidate (including equipment maintenance fee)
- HK$130 per candidate (including equipment maintenance fee) with class size from 16 to 20
- For course conducted outside Hong Kong, a subsistence allowance of HK$500/day for each Lecturer will be charged
Basic First Aid Course Manual (Chinese Edition) published by the Hong Kong St John Ambulance
First Aid Manual (English Edition)
- HK$210/book (price may change due to exchange rate)
Certificates (payable at certificate collection)
Re-issuance of certificate
(Note : Items d to h are obtainable at 4/F., St. John Tower, 2 MacDonnell Road, H.K. during office hours)
- The concept of First Aid
- Problems of the Respiratory System
- Problems of the Circulation
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Burns and Scalds
- Problems of Body Temperature
- Loss of Consciousness
- Foreign Bodies
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Materials for First Aid
16 hours (usually in form of a two-day program of four sessions of half-day program)
Medium of Instruction
Criteria for Certification
The course is held in an interactive manner with continuous Formative Assessment throughout the program. Students are required to attend at least 80% of the course and to show satisfactory performance and behaviour during the continuous assessments and the course in order to be eligible for the award of certificates.
- Eligible students will be awarded the Basic First Aid Certificate which is valid for three years.
- Certificates are ready for collection during office hours at the Association counter two weeks after the program and should be collected within 3 months from then. Copy of the Identity Card of the student must be shown if the certificate is collected by a delegate.
- In case of a course run by an organization, the organizer or its delegate must bring along the original copy of the result slip to the Association counter during office hours for collection of all certificates for the course.
- Chinese courses are usually held during school holidays and English courses are organized on demand
- Fees are subject to change without prior notice
- For individual application, please check Course Timetable and complete Individual Application Form (AFI)
- For group application, please complete Group Application Form (AFII)
- Class will be cancelled if the Red or Black Rainstorm Warning or Typhoon Cyclone Warning Signal pre-no.8/ No.8 or above is hoisted, and class will be resumed when the signal is lowered 2 hours or more before classes commencement.