- To learn the heart physiology and cardiac rhythms
- To introduce the principles of Defibrillation
- To practice the operation of AED
- To provide hands-on practice in the application of AED in special situations
- To learn the maintenance of AED
- HK$250 per candidate (including certificate & equipment maintenance fee)
- HK$250 per candidate (including certificate & equipment maintenance fee) with a minimum class size of 12
Re-issuance of certificate (if required)
- HK$50 / copy
- Physiology of Heart and Cardiac Arrest Rhythms
- Principles of Defibrillation
- Introduction of AED
- AED Operation & Protocols
- Safety and Maintenance
- Scenario Practice of AED
- Written & Practical Assessment
4 hours (including written & practical assessment)
Medium of Instruction
- Written Test and Practical Assessment
- The result announcement date will be made known to the candidates during the examination. Candidates can check examination results within 3 months from the result announcement date through the Association counter, or through our enquiry hotline 2524 4888 by using their preset caller ID number(s). Candidate will not be informed individually of the examination result.
- Successful candidates will be awarded the AED Provider Certificate which is valid for three years. For re-certification, candidates should take a refresher course/ re-examination before the expiry of the certificate.
- Certificate will be ready for collection during office hours at the Association counter immediately after the announcement of examination result and should be collected within 3 months. Copy of Identity Card of the candidates must be shown upon collection of First Aid Certificate by friends or relatives.
- The organizer or his/her delegate must bring along the original copy of the result slip to the Association counter during office hours for collection of certificates.
Automated External Defibrillation Provider Course has been awarded the ISO 9001 Quality Management System Certificate by BSI (Certificate No.: FS 708014).
Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Course
Nursing and healthcare related staff who completed AED Provider Course can be awarded with 3 CNE points.
- Chinese courses are held monthly and English courses are held on request
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice
- For individual application, please check Course Timetable and complete Individual Application Form (AFI)
- For group application, please complete Group Application Form (AFII)
- Class will be cancelled if the Black Rainstorm Warning/Typhoon Signed No.8 or above is hoisted, and class will be resumed when the signal is lowed 2 hours before class commencement
Tel: 2530 8021(AED course)