- To introduce principles of First Aid
- To recognize and practise First Aid treatment including CPR techniques
- To provide hands-on practice for First Aid treatment at special circumstance
- HK$120 per candidate (Online theory) + HK$120 per candidate (Face-to-Face Practical) (Individual Application ONLY)
First Aid Course Manual (Chinese Edition)
First Aid Manual (English Edition)
- HK$210/book (price may change due to exchange rate)
Disposable Face Shield
- HK$3/pc. (For training + examination use) (optional)
- Principles & Practice of First Aid
- Action at an Emergency
- The Structure and the Functions of the Body
- Dressings & Bandages
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation for adult/and infant
- Management of Airway Obstruction in adult/and infant
- Wounds, Bleeding & Circulatory Failure
- Shock & Fainting
- Injuries to Bones
- Injuries to Muscles, Ligaments & Joints
- The Nervous System & Unconsciousness
- Burns & Scalds
- Procedure at Road Accidents
- Handling & Transportation of Injured Person
14-hour (Online theory) + 16-hour (Face-to-Face Practical)
Medium of Instruction
Candidates MUST complete the whole online learning process and passing ALL post-unit quizzes, in order to apply for the Face-to-Face Practical.
Candidates attending less than 80% (13 hours) of the Practical Sessions will not be eligible for examination. Each candidate must be examined in the following subjects:
· Theory of First Aid
· Bandaging Technique
· Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation
Candidates, who failed in either one part of the Examination, can apply for the supplementary examination for the failed subject within 3 months from the date of the result announcement. Failures in two or three subjects are not eligible to sit for the supplementary examination.
The result announcement date will be made known to the candidates during the examination. Candidates can check examination results through the Association counter, or through our enquiry hotline on 2524 4888, using their preset caller ID number(s). Candidates will not be informed individually of the examination results.
- Candidates who passed the examination will be awarded the "Certificate in First Aid" recognized by the Government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region which is valid for three years. For re-certification, candidates should take a refresher course/re-examination before the expiry of the certificate.
- "Certificate in First Aid" has been accredited by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic & Vocational Qualifications under the Qualification Framework (QF) as QF Level: 3, QF Credits: 10, QR Registration No.: 15/003057/L3 and validity period: 1 October 2015 to 30 September 2025.
- Qualified candidates will receive the certificate by post around two weeks from the date of result announcement. For re-examination or any other reasons that require the re-issuance of certificates, a fee of HK$ 50/copy shall be applied.
"Certificate in First Aid" course has been awarded the ISO 9001 Quality Management System Certificate by BSI (Certificate No.: FS 708014).
Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Course
Nursing and healthcare related staff who completed "Certificate in First Aid" Course (FA) can be awarded with 16 CNE points.
- Seats availability may refer to the online system but shall be accorded upon application
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- For individual application, please check Course Timetable (Full Day or Evening)
- Class will be cancelled if the Black Rainstorm Warning/Typhoon Signed No.8 or above is hoisted, and class will be resumed when the signal is lowered 2 hours before class commencement.
- In general, students in the “Certificate in First Aid Course” of the Hong Kong St. John Ambulance will be required to make a minimum of 21 hours of self-study time to see the practical demonstration DVD and textbook contents of the first-Aid manual before the commencement of the course.
- Students are also prepared to use a minimum of 37 hours of self-study time for the written and practical assessment.
"Certificates in First Aid" Course (Face-to-Face mode)
- If the four-day continuous course, you need to use a minimum of three hours of self-study time every day before and after class to prepare lessons.
- If 10 lessons are required to make a minimum of 1.5 hours of self-study time should be used before and after each class.
"Certificates in First Aid" Course (Blended mode)
- Students shall spare at least 1-hour self-study time for each online unit (12 in total).
Tel: 2530 8020/2530 8021 (Individual application for Certificate in First Aid / Basic First Aid / Adult/Child/Infant CPR / IFA)