Advanced Medical Life Support (AMLS) is a programme that guides you to assess and manage most common medical emergencies in an organized and systematic way. It is designed for all levels of practitioners with a strong commitment to prehospital patient care.
The course emphasizes the use of scene size-up, history taking, interactive group discussions and physical exam to systematically rule in or rule out and consider possibilities and probabilities in treating patients’ medical crises.
AMLS programme consists of interactive lectures, teaching and evaluation scenarios stations. The interactive/case based lectures include the following topics:
- Altered Mental Status (AMS) and Neurologic Disorders,
- Respiratory Dysfunction
- Chest Discomfort
- Metabolic and Environmental Disorders
- Abdominal Discomfort
- Infectious Disease
- Toxicologic Emergencies
- Hazardous Materials and Weapons of Mass Destruction
A sixteen-hour, two-day programme.
Medium of Instruction
Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Course
Nursing and healthcare related staff who completed Advanced Medical Life Support Provider Course can be awarded with 10 CNE points.
- AMLS is endorsed by the National Association of EMS Physicians (NAEMSP).
- For individual application, please check Course Timetable and complete Individual Application Form (AMLS Application Form 2018)